The illustrative masterplan shows that the site will satisfy Policy 29 of the Sturminster Newton Neighbourhood Plan by:
- Being predominantly family housing
- Providing public open space to the east that extends the North Fields open space to the wider countryside and will include integrated sustainable drainage
- Maintaining existing hedgerows and trees, and extending and integrating more into the proposal to provide a development that sits comfortably in its landscape on the edge of the town
- Limiting most of the new homes to 2 storeys in height, except for key buildings on the less visually sensitive parts of the site
- Creating a landscaped recreational trail to the north which links to the Leisure Centre
- Setting a substantial buffer to protect and encourage wildlife as well as preparing a biodiversity mitigation plan
- Providing sufficient parking spaces for all occupants and visitors that are designed as an integral part of the layout
- Designing the site to be easy to navigate around and being permeable
- Providing for any reasonable off-site traffic management measures that are required
- Assessing whether a district heating system is feasible and viable.
What Happens Next?
This consultation lasts until 28 October 2018.
We will then consider all the comments and make any necessary changes.
We are likely to submit the application later in November, with all the required supporting information.